Get up to 90 days of Return Protection through your credit card
Everything You Need To Know and How to Automatically Extend Your Return Window
If you’ve changed your mind or an item didn’t live up to your expectations, you’re covered by Walmart return policy. The world’s largest retailer has a generous return policy, which is typically 90 days after buying your item. However, even 3 months might not be enough. If you want an extension, you can use your credit card’s built-in return protection to extend the period of time. While you might have to file a claim with the credit card company (draining your free time), you can use Sift to have those claims filed automatically. Plus, Sift can keep track of each item’s return window—automatically.
Want to learn more? Read on to find out what Walmart’s return policy is, what exactly is covered by your credit card, and—last but not least—how using the Sift app can make your life easier.
The Walmart Return Policy – How It Works
So, what is Walmart’s return policy? The world’s largest retailer has a return policy that allows consumers 90 days of purchase to bring in most items (or via Walmart.com) with a receipt for a full refund or an exchange; for items without a receipt, customers can generally receive an exchange.
Exceptions to the Walmart Return Policy
There are a number of exceptions that some items may not qualify for 90 days to return. These include:
- Electronics: Items which include to computers, camcorders, digital music players, drones, GPS units, and so forth must be returned within 15 days with receipt to be eligible for a refund/exchange.
- Airbeds: These items that aren’t defective must be returned within 15 days. If used, airbeds will only be exchanged for an airbed of equal or greater value
- Tools (outside use): Items such as lawn mowers, seed spreaders, or power washers must be returned within 30 days with a receipt to qualify for a return.
- Software, CDs, DVDs, and video games: These follow the 90-day return policy, but must be either defective or returned unopened.
- Perennials, trees, and shrubs: These items may be returned within 1 year of purchase with a receipt
The following items are not eligible for returns:
- Firearms and Ammunition
- Pepper Spray
- Gas-powered Mini Bikes
- Go Karts
- Dirt Bikes
- Diabetic Products, including meters, strips, lancets, lancet devices, and syringes
- Prescription Drugs and products containing pseudophedrine and pseudotropine.
For more info on Walmart’s retailer return policy, click here.
Credit Card Return Protection
While the Walmart return policy is generous, you should know that you can extend that return policy—that is, if you made the purchase using your credit card. Most credit cards carrying return protection, which typically doubles the return period for Walmart-purchased items, or it can create a return policy for items that don’t come with one at all. Additionally, if Walmart refuses to accept your item, your credit card may reimburse you via statement credit.
Of course, to get reimbursed via credit card or register for return protection, you may need to register the item and go through an arduous claims process. Luckily, by using Sift , you can not only manage your credit card purchases and how long you have before the extended return window runs out, but the claims process is taken care of for you automatically. Never before has it been easier to return your purchases at Walmart, all thanks to Sift and your credit card.